Thursday, April 3, 2008

On Becoming a Grandmother

Blogging is a creative way to keep in touch with family and friends. My daughters-in-law are very computer literate, and have introduced us to blogging. So, I'm going to give it a try too.

Becoming Delaney's grandmother has been an incredible experience. I'm going to write an essay about it before long. You know, I love my children tremendously, but just seeing Delaney's picture brings a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart that I've not felt before. Her Grandpa says that she makes him think of the song "Isn't She Lovely." And he actually will go around the house humming it. I say, "So you're thinking about your grandbaby, huh?" To which I get a big smile.

Delaney is such a blessing to our family, and I can't believe I get to see her in about two weeks. I can't wait to hug and squeeze the little munchkin.

2 comments:

Briana said...

Cute! My parents are doing a blog now too, I think it's great!

Jackie: said...

Welcome to the blogging world!